PC Build

Moderators: cg0, The Chef

DexteruL

PC Build

Post by DexteruL »

Hello.

I've been using Kodi since Kodi 17 but i've never been quite happy with it and always had some sort of hitch with it.
I use it exclusively on my gaming PC (Intel i7-7700k ,4.2Ghz , Nvidia GeForce 1080 Aorus GDDR5 , 32GB RAM, 1Gbps Ethernet - 1Gbps fiber) and the only content I use it for is live sports. I am having trouble finding a build that is optimised for high end PC's and lately i've noticed Kodi switching GPU Engine from Video Decoding to 3D in the middle of a stream which causes it to buffer and freeze up and sometimes even crash.

Can you please advise or point me in the right direction to either get the most out of the Diggz AIO or what settings I need to do to address this buffering issue. I know that the network on the streamer side can be a variable as well but i'm not sure that is the case in this particular situation.

Thank you.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Re: PC Build

Post by The Chef »

DexteruL wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 2:57 pm Hello.

I've been using Kodi since Kodi 17 but i've never been quite happy with it and always had some sort of hitch with it.
I use it exclusively on my gaming PC (Intel i7-7700k ,4.2Ghz , Nvidia GeForce 1080 Aorus GDDR5 , 32GB RAM, 1Gbps Ethernet - 1Gbps fiber) and the only content I use it for is live sports. I am having trouble finding a build that is optimised for high end PC's and lately i've noticed Kodi switching GPU Engine from Video Decoding to 3D in the middle of a stream which causes it to buffer and freeze up and sometimes even crash.

Can you please advise or point me in the right direction to either get the most out of the Diggz AIO or what settings I need to do to address this buffering issue. I know that the network on the streamer side can be a variable as well but i'm not sure that is the case in this particular situation.

Thank you.
The best PC in the world with the fastest internet in the world still isnt gonna fix free live tv or sports streams. But no idea what you mean by switching video decoding.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Diggz AIO”