Elementum crashing on Diggz Burst AIO v2.0 installed on Kodi with custom location

Moderators: cg0, The Chef

clubber_lang

Elementum crashing on Diggz Burst AIO v2.0 installed on Kodi with custom location

Post by clubber_lang »

Hey Guys,

So far loving the build.

I have been at this for hours so I thought it was time for some expert help :).

Unfortunately, I have an issue where Elementum crashes on Kodi 21 (Android 12) with a custom location.

Because of Android restrictions, I end up installing Kodi in the root of the device (using xbmc_env.properties file) to do things like manually backup and restore files across multiple devices.

The reason I believe the custom Kodi path is the issue is that I think this post pretty much says it (if I read it right lol)

https://github.com/elgatito/plugin.video.elementum/issues/669

Another reason I believe it's related to the custom Kodi location is that the build works perfectly fine on my Amazon cube where I don't need to use a location.

I am wondering if you know of any workarounds without me having to dive into the daemon.py file and mess around with the code.

Thanks

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Re: Elementum crashing on Diggz Burst AIO v2.0 installed on Kodi with custom location

Post by The Chef »

clubber_lang wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:46 am Hey Guys,

So far loving the build.

I have been at this for hours so I thought it was time for some expert help :).

Unfortunately, I have an issue where Elementum crashes on Kodi 21 (Android 12) with a custom location.

Because of Android restrictions, I end up installing Kodi in the root of the device (using xbmc_env.properties file) to do things like manually backup and restore files across multiple devices.

The reason I believe the custom Kodi path is the issue is that I think this post pretty much says it (if I read it right lol)

https://github.com/elgatito/plugin.video.elementum/issues/669

Another reason I believe it's related to the custom Kodi location is that the build works perfectly fine on my Amazon cube where I don't need to use a location.

I am wondering if you know of any workarounds without me having to dive into the daemon.py file and mess around with the code.

Thanks
My guess would be that Android is not going to allow the executable torrent binary inside Elementums addon folder to be run in the root unless your device is rooted, but not sure.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
clubber_lang

Re: Elementum crashing on Diggz Burst AIO v2.0 installed on Kodi with custom location

Post by clubber_lang »

The Chef wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:50 pm My guess would be that Android is not going to allow the executable torrent binary inside Elementums addon folder to be run in the root unless your device is rooted, but not sure.
If the root directory is the issue, I wonder I if change the install location to a different directory other than Android would be a plausible solution.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
clubber_lang

Post by clubber_lang »

After some digging, I found that someone created a wrapper for the binaries.

It only needs to be installed and Elementum works like a charm without any issues for my install in a custom location.

For anyone looking to solve the same issue, the repo is at the following:

https://github.com/StefanIlchev/ElementumService

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Diggz Xenon Burst”