Black Screen of Death Freeze Glitch Not getting better

Moderators: cg0, The Chef

KGrabill

Black Screen of Death Freeze Glitch Not getting better

Post by KGrabill »

Hey Team,

Big HUGE fan of all you guys have done and still do. I love your builds and all the time and work you guys put into them.
The Live TV and Trakt updates have been MASSIVE!!!
However,
The Idling black screen that comes when the screensaver sits for longer than 10 minutes causes KODI to become frozen and unoperational.
Now, I know this isn't a new issue, The previous KODI 21 builds also had this Black Screen Freeze glitch.
The solution is to Restart the stick from My Fire TV or pull the power cord from the stick and Restart.
It's getting more frequent and seems to pop up when a show is paused for even 5-6 minutes in some cases.

I know you guys are probably already aware and working on this, (You've solved and fixed so many many issues already!)
but if you could, please try to spare some resources and time to this issue.
It's a constant struggle for myself and the community of loyal DIGGZ fans/Users here in Canada that love to use your builds via real-debrid!
thanks again boys.
keep up the amazing work!
Kelly Grabill

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Re: Black Screen of Death Freeze Glitch Not getting better

Post by The Chef »

KGrabill wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 8:47 pm Hey Team,

Big HUGE fan of all you guys have done and still do. I love your builds and all the time and work you guys put into them.
The Live TV and Trakt updates have been MASSIVE!!!
However,
The Idling black screen that comes when the screensaver sits for longer than 10 minutes causes KODI to become frozen and unoperational.
Now, I know this isn't a new issue, The previous KODI 21 builds also had this Black Screen Freeze glitch.
The solution is to Restart the stick from My Fire TV or pull the power cord from the stick and Restart.
It's getting more frequent and seems to pop up when a show is paused for even 5-6 minutes in some cases.

I know you guys are probably already aware and working on this, (You've solved and fixed so many many issues already!)
but if you could, please try to spare some resources and time to this issue.
It's a constant struggle for myself and the community of loyal DIGGZ fans/Users here in Canada that love to use your builds via real-debrid!
thanks again boys.
keep up the amazing work!
Kelly Grabill
Never seen that problem, but I dont use a Firestick either. What screensaver? The latest builds dot even have a screensaver enabled. If you think a screensaver is causing an issue on a firestick, then why are you turning on a screensaver? Are you talking about the Kodi screensaver? Or are you talking about a screensaver on the Firestick?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
KGrabill

Post by KGrabill »

Hi there Chef,

I am using the Newest versions of the Firestick Max's the one with Wifi 5E and the Newst one with the curved Edges.

I cannot pinpoint if it is the KODI screensaver or the Firestick Screen saver, but the screensaver does kick in after the firestick idles for 5 mins or longer. The functionality works perfectly if you can start watching while it is in screensaver mode, but if you leave screensaver on for a significant period of time, and then a black screen will occur -- after 15mins+ time of the screen saver coming on.

When this happens, you can still get Kodi back open, Navigate the menu, and even start a show.
BUT the show you start will freeze 3 seconds in as a result of the black screen, which can only be fixed by pulling the power cord off the stick and re-inserting or going to My Fire TV and clicking restart.

It could very well be the screen saver that enables this glitch. Is there a way to disable the KODI Screen saver?
and if there is a firestick screen saver, I wonder if they both can be turned off, which could then prevent this from occuring!
thank you again for your time, and your sage advice and feedback on this key issue!

Amazed as always,
Kelly

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Post by The Chef »

KGrabill wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 5:07 am Hi there Chef,

I am using the Newest versions of the Firestick Max's the one with Wifi 5E and the Newst one with the curved Edges.

I cannot pinpoint if it is the KODI screensaver or the Firestick Screen saver, but the screensaver does kick in after the firestick idles for 5 mins or longer. The functionality works perfectly if you can start watching while it is in screensaver mode, but if you leave screensaver on for a significant period of time, and then a black screen will occur -- after 15mins+ time of the screen saver coming on.

When this happens, you can still get Kodi back open, Navigate the menu, and even start a show.
BUT the show you start will freeze 3 seconds in as a result of the black screen, which can only be fixed by pulling the power cord off the stick and re-inserting or going to My Fire TV and clicking restart.

It could very well be the screen saver that enables this glitch. Is there a way to disable the KODI Screen saver?
and if there is a firestick screen saver, I wonder if they both can be turned off, which could then prevent this from occuring!
thank you again for your time, and your sage advice and feedback on this key issue!

Amazed as always,
Kelly
Click Xenon settings/Choose screensaver. On the latest build its already off. If its already set to None, then the screensaver is coming from the Firestick. https://help.screencloud.com/s/article/How-To-Disable-Screensaver-Mode-On-Amazon-Devices
Screenshot_13.png
Screenshot_13.png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 1360 times

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
KGrabill

Post by KGrabill »

Hi there Chef,

I have changed the Screensaver Start Time to "Never". This has confirmed turned off the Firestick Screensaver.
You are correct, in KODI, Screensaver is also disabled as per default and remains turned off.

However, After idling for an hour plus, The black screen still does appear, causing things to not work properly.

also, I wanted to extend a thank you for all the work done on the Trakt Tv Section, it works excellent.
BUT
The Trakt Movies Section Top Banner doesnt ever seem to populate like the trakt TV section does, no matter how long I wait for it to.
Is there a trick or tweak I can do to get my Trakt Movies top Banner to load?

So grateful and amazed by all you guys do,
Kelly

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Post by The Chef »

KGrabill wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 5:03 pm Hi there Chef,

I have changed the Screensaver Start Time to "Never". This has confirmed turned off the Firestick Screensaver.
You are correct, in KODI, Screensaver is also disabled as per default and remains turned off.

However, After idling for an hour plus, The black screen still does appear, causing things to not work properly.

also, I wanted to extend a thank you for all the work done on the Trakt Tv Section, it works excellent.
BUT
The Trakt Movies Section Top Banner doesnt ever seem to populate like the trakt TV section does, no matter how long I wait for it to.
Is there a trick or tweak I can do to get my Trakt Movies top Banner to load?

So grateful and amazed by all you guys do,
Kelly
Well, the Trakt movies section is set to show "In Progress" movies, so the only time you will see anything there is if you started a movie and didnt finish it, and wanted to continue watching the movie where you left off. Of course you can change it to whatever you prefer to see. Some people use watchlist, some use collection, etc. As far as the black screen, guess its a Firestick issue. Also could be if you changed advanced settings, when you pause a movie, and let it sit idle, it will fill up the buffer and use your ram up. If you set advanced settings too high, its possible the firestick uses up too much ram when idle and freezes up. I dont have that issue on my Shield or PC. Firesticks dont have much ram. If your pausing a movie and letting it sit idle, then maybe you should stop the movie instead, then it will show up above the Trakt movie section to continue watching.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jpm69

Post by Jpm69 »

I have the same issue with Trakt movies. Trakt TV shows no problem. But none of the movies that I haven't finished or have finished show up above. However, they do show up in Trakt Manager. All my addons are AuthorizedAuthenticated with Account Manager.

I changed flavors from TMDBH to Umbrella but no difference.

Using an Nvidia Shield tv pro.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
KGrabill

Post by KGrabill »

The Diggz18 Repo keeps blowing up Kodi 21 and Kodi 21.1 during DiggzRepo18 Unzipping.

It crashes Kodi so I am unable to get past the "Install from Zip FIle" Add-ons Section.

I can't install Repository because it crashes upon Zip Install

Any Thoughts on this guys?

Kelly

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Post by The Chef »

KGrabill wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:47 am The Diggz18 Repo keeps blowing up Kodi 21 and Kodi 21.1 during DiggzRepo18 Unzipping.

It crashes Kodi so I am unable to get past the "Install from Zip FIle" Add-ons Section.

I can't install Repository because it crashes upon Zip Install

Any Thoughts on this guys?

Kelly
You should probably review the install instructions and use the correct url.. https://diggz1.me/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
KGrabill

Post by KGrabill »

Hi there Chef,

I've been using https:/diggz1.me/diggzrepo/

is this not the correct one?? if its an outdated one I do apologize :)

ah yes thanks Chef!! I see it now! YOU DA MANNNN!!!!

Diggz repo URL:
https://tinyurl.com/diggz123

I love you guys so much!!! <3

always astonished,
Kelly

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Diggz AIO”