I don't get any results after scraping!

Moderator: cg0

virtuacool

Re: I don't get any results after scraping!

Post by virtuacool »

The Chef wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 3:39 pm So, what you can do is is Seren Settings/ Metadata And Artwork section, change Metadata Location to TVDB. This will allow you to scrape the sources correctly and keep the Kodi language setting...Screenshot_2.png
I'm not home right now and can't test this.

I'll give feedback later.

However, I have configured TMDB to give me the synopses in Portuguese (as seen in the image I posted).

In fact, TMDB is not configurable in the Seren addon for any language as it uses the Kodi interface language.

Other addons allow this.

For example, the FEN addon (not FEN Light) allows you to configure TMDB for any language regardless of the Kodi interface language.

Another setting I have on my Kodi is to display the original name of the film (I don't like translated titles)

I think a4kScrapers shouldn't translate the name of the movie to scrape using the Kodi interface language, as it will look for something that doesn't exist.

It should be the other way around!

Always scrape out the original name of the film!

I can't remember now, but I don't think I've ever had this problem before!

I've been using Kodi for several years and Seren, configured this way, and I've never had this problem...

Later I will test the behavior of TVDB.

THANKS!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
virtuacool

Re: I don't get any results after scraping!

Post by virtuacool »

The Chef wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 3:39 pm So, what you can do is is Seren Settings/ Metadata And Artwork section, change Metadata Location to TVDB. This will allow you to scrape the sources correctly and keep the Kodi language setting...Screenshot_2.png

I tested it with TVDB and it works well with the Kodi interface in my native language.

However, I no longer have synopses of films and series in my native language, something that TMDB does very well (I have children and they are not good with English yet, which is why I am in Portuguese).

Ideally, A4Scrapers (or Seren addon) would not care about translations when scraping, and always scrape with the original of the movies/tv shows.

One observation is that I tested the following with FEN:

I have Kodi configured with my native language, I have FEN with TMDB configured with my native language, and everything works fine!

So, I don't even know if the problem is with Seren Addon or a4kScrapers...

I'll try "a4k-openproject" for help since Nixgates skipped it (which is shocking!) and see if I have any luck.

Or if anyone here can help... :D

Thank you for your help and attention!

:thumbup:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Seren”