PVR Client/ IPTV Simple Client

Moderators: cg0, The Chef

Donaldlpz

PVR Client/ IPTV Simple Client

Post by Donaldlpz »

Hello everyone. I have been using Xenon build for a long time. I have been having this problem for a long time. After setting up TV Guide. IPTV updates and merge. But for some reason it shuts off my VPN. Restart Kodi with the xenon build and while PVR client/IPTV simple client is loading it drops my VPN. Recently disable IPTV simple client and my VPN stays on. But soon as I enable IPTV simple client to watch tv it shuts off my VPN(IP Vanish)
Any idea what’s going on.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Re: PVR Client/ IPTV Simple Client

Post by The Chef »

Highly doubt anything in Kodi is able to turn off something off on an Android APP. Kodi doesnt have that ability. Any decent VPN would not allow anything to turn it off, especially if it has a Kill switch enabled. Sounds like a VPN APP issue, not a Kodi issue. Or possibly your using a low powered device that is shutting down other apps like your VPN due to low memory available, then when the simple client loads, your box cant handle the load and closes other apps. What are you using a VPN for? Are you using the Burst build maybe?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Donaldlpz

Post by Donaldlpz »

I have a Firestick 4K a Firestick 4K max and a Nvidia shield which I use for streaming. All three devices have this problem when I open up kodi with xenon build 4.0 IPTV simple Clients loads up and my IP Vanish shuts off. I don’t have many apps on these devices because there are strictly for streaming. So my memory is far from low. It is suggested that we use a vpn while streaming torrents and live tv.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Post by The Chef »

Ok, well I dont know. I use Nord VPN and it does not disconnect.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Post by The Chef »

You dont need a VPN unless your using the Burst build, so just leave it disabled unless you want it for some reason.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “PVR Guide”