movie search uses umbrella

Moderators: cg0, The Chef

sputterbug10

movie search uses umbrella

Post by sputterbug10 »

Using latest version of Kodi and Xenon Plus. When I go into Movies and click on search and then search by actor, I type in "Clint Eastwood" and only 17 shows/movies show up. Of that only 2 of the 17 are actual movies he's done. Not only that but it requires me to use umbrella addon in order to search for movies and then searches using umbrella. It used to be you click on your search result (i.e. Clint Eastwood) and it asks you if you want to search by movies, tv shows, cast, etc. It's not doing that.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Re: movie search uses umbrella

Post by The Chef »

sputterbug10 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:57 am Using latest version of Kodi and Xenon Plus. When I go into Movies and click on search and then search by actor, I type in "Clint Eastwood" and only 17 shows/movies show up. Of that only 2 of the 17 are actual movies he's done. Not only that but it requires me to use umbrella addon in order to search for movies and then searches using umbrella. It used to be you click on your search result (i.e. Clint Eastwood) and it asks you if you want to search by movies, tv shows, cast, etc. It's not doing that.
Well, if you used Xenon Flavors and switched to Umbrella, then all shortcuts will use Umbrella.Switch back to Xenon Default if you want TMDBH.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
sputterbug10

Post by sputterbug10 »

The only thing that comes up when I click on flavors is the choice of TV shows, files, playlists, and video add-ons. And when I click on those I don't see anything that says default so I'm not sure how to do that. Could you give me a few tips on how I can do that?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Post by The Chef »

sputterbug10 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:53 pm The only thing that comes up when I click on flavors is the choice of TV shows, files, playlists, and video add-ons. And when I click on those I don't see anything that says default so I'm not sure how to do that. Could you give me a few tips on how I can do that?
Attachments
Recording #37.mp4
(1.1 MiB) Downloaded 329 times

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
sputterbug10

Post by sputterbug10 »

Thank you very much. Now I have to figure out why that choice is not coming up for me. I don't get that dialogue when I click on flavors.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
sputterbug10

Post by sputterbug10 »

I reloaded Kodi and xenon and it worked! Thanks so much.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
sputterbug10

Post by sputterbug10 »

You know actually it's doing the same thing. When I scroll past the tab movies and past the tab TV shows, a dialogue comes up that says to use this feature you must download an add-on and then it says umbrella. And asks me if I'd like to download it. So there must be something else going on.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
mattyg8

Post by mattyg8 »

Hi, I noticed this aswell.
The Tv shows search function is linked to TMDBH but the movies search function is linked to Umbrella search.
I had to up the skin submenu to link to TMDBH

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
sputterbug10

Post by sputterbug10 »

How did you do that? I've never fooled around with skins before.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jpm69

Post by Jpm69 »

For now, just search for Movies/Actors under TV Shows. It will give you an option to search for Movies.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Diggz AIO”