Youtube API key not valid.

Moderators: cg0, The Chef

Lightworker1982

Youtube API key not valid.

Post by Lightworker1982 »

When I try to access youtube.
It says API key not valid. I'm using the stand alone 3.0 build. Also had this problem with the previous version. I have it installed on a fire cube.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
cg0

Re: Youtube API key not valid.

Post by cg0 »

If you need Youtube API credentials, see this:
https://forum.diggz1.me/viewtopic.php?p=176#p176

Ask @The Chef for alternatives, if you don't need your Youtube subscriptions.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Post by The Chef »

Lightworker1982 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:27 pm When I try to access youtube.
It says API key not valid. I'm using the stand alone 3.0 build. Also had this problem with the previous version. I have it installed on a fire cube.
You dont need one, so Im guessing you are trying to add your own? The latest builds come with Youtube that doesnt need API keys, so im guessing you are trying to add your own, or you installed a different version of Youtube? Either that or the wizard is backing up and restoring your invalid Youtube keys from your last build. A clear Kodi data and reinstall would fix any of these issues.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Lightworker1982

No this is actually what flashes across the screen when I try to access YouTube while using kodi. On the build that I mentioned.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Lightworker1982

It's not backing up any of mine. Have already reinstalled and done everything. New updated version of Kodi. The new diggz build. Most recent.

I've been using kodi for years. All different types of builds, this seems to be a build issue. Perhaps because I Installed it on a fire cube. Already cleared data ect.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
cg0

Post by cg0 »

Lightworker1982 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 6:18 am It's not backing up any of mine. Have already reinstalled and done everything. New updated version of Kodi. The new diggz build. Most recent.

I've been using kodi for years. All different types of builds, this seems to be a build issue. Perhaps because I Installed it on a fire cube. Already cleared data ect.
The cure is to uninstall Youtube fully, automatically or manually -check with file manager in addon_data to make sure it's gone-, install YouTube, replace the API file, and authorize it in google.com/device, as explained in the wiki.
https://forum.diggz1.me/viewtopic.php?p=176#p176
(this post is still in the Recent section)
Diggz' version should be fine to reinstall, if not, the link above has the latest version.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Diggz Xenon Plus”