Set Views

Moderators: cg0, The Chef

Laketrash

Set Views

Post by Laketrash »

AIO Vs1.2
Xenon 2
2019 Nvidia
90% of the time when I set views in AfFenity and Fenlite I get kicked out of Kodi. Sometimes it even breaks the skin but rarely (3 times). I don't know if this is a known problem or if it's Kodi or build related so I thought I would ask experts. Doesn't happen as much in Xenon Plus. I use both builds but prefer Xenon 2. FYI I set all views to FanartList.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Re: Set Views

Post by The Chef »

Laketrash wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 11:42 am AIO Vs1.2
Xenon 2
2019 Nvidia
90% of the time when I set views in AfFenity and Fenlite I get kicked out of Kodi. Sometimes it even breaks the skin but rarely (3 times). I don't know if this is a known problem or if it's Kodi or build related so I thought I would ask experts. Doesn't happen as much in Xenon Plus. I use both builds but prefer Xenon 2. FYI I set all views to FanartList.
Well, not sure which method your using to set views, you can either set them in Fen Light/Tools/Set Views, or you can click left while browsing sections and change views there. Which way are you setting them? Maybe try the opposite way. I just tried and didnt see any issue changing views.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Laketrash

Post by Laketrash »

I set in tools. I'll try the other way and let you know.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Laketrash

Post by Laketrash »

Okay, I downloaded a 21.1 fork, loaded it up with Xenon2, did my set up i.e. rd, Trackt etc then tried to set views by browsing section which is opposite that I usually do. The very first I tried was movies set to fanartlist, it kicked me out of Kodi. I don't understand. If it's not happening to you then maybe that means it's Nvidia. I only have Nvidia's.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Post by The Chef »

Laketrash wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 1:46 pm Okay, I downloaded a 21.1 fork, loaded it up with Xenon2, did my set up i.e. rd, Trackt etc then tried to set views by browsing section which is opposite that I usually do. The very first I tried was movies set to fanartlist, it kicked me out of Kodi. I don't understand. If it's not happening to you then maybe that means it's Nvidia. I only have Nvidia's.
Well, just switched to Xenon 2 on my Shield to test. Opened a movie section in Fen Light, switched to Fanart List. Didnt have any crashes. Worked fine for me. Also tried on my Windows PC, no issue. I use Official Kodi 21.1. Possibly your issue may be if you set the view in FenLight settings, and set it while browsing a movie section, maybe its possibly causing a conflict? Try going to FEN Light/Tools, and switch the viewtypes back to default, and then only use the view switcher while browsing in the addon sections? I dunno. Cant replicate the issue, sorry.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Laketrash

Post by Laketrash »

Thank you so much for trying to replicate issue. I actually went back to build and switched Views back and forth several times with no problem both ways. However if I do an install download addons and set views initially for each addon movies and tv lists it crashes. Not always but a lot especially in AfFenity and Fenlite. I usually get kicked out two to 4 times. Occasionally it breaks the skin (puts the weather row on the bottom and quit button row on top with no background. I am not able to go to interface and fix skin, I have to start over.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Laketrash

Post by Laketrash »

I don't understand why this problem can't be replicated. It happens to me every time I update or fresh install. I always set Movies, TV shows and episodes to Fanart or Mediainfo1 on all addons I use. In Fenlite and Affenity I typically get kicked out of Kodi Several times. I deal with it but sure would be nice not to get kicked out so much.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Post by The Chef »

Laketrash wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:41 pm I don't understand why this problem can't be replicated. It happens to me every time I update or fresh install. I always set Movies, TV shows and episodes to Fanart or Mediainfo1 on all addons I use. In Fenlite and Affenity I typically get kicked out of Kodi Several times. I deal with it but sure would be nice not to get kicked out so much.
You should be setting the view in the view selector as shown, NOT in the addon settings..The skin uses skinvariables script. As long as you use this way to set views it will stick. For example when you set the view in any movie section, it will stay for all movie sections in the addon.
Screenshot_5.png
Screenshot_5.png (1.61 MiB) Viewed 431 times

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Post by The Chef »

Attachments
Recording 2024-09-20 134115.mp4
(105.4 MiB) Downloaded 261 times

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Post by The Chef »

Sorry, still cant replicate issue, I use a Sheild and a PC. Like I said, I also dont use forks, I only use Official Kodi, so cant say whether a fork could cause this or not. Haven't heard of anybody else mentioning this issue.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Diggz AIO”