Make a new build

Moderators: cg0, The Chef

cg0

Make a new build

Post by cg0 »

(cg, Diggz)
Install a clean Kodi, and the skin you will use.

Paste your backup folder of Super Favourites inside plugin.program.super.favorites after opening once Diggz Favorites for the folder to be created. Do the same if you use Autowidget instead. If you're starting from scratch, just install Super Favourites or Autowidget.

Quickly paste your logins on newly installed build. Make shortcuts for your build like Next Episodes, and TV Collection and paste links to a text editor for future use.
Use a clean build from the start without authorizing, if you missed creating login shortcuts, you can authorize, then remove all logins via Account Manager and addon data folder. Now you can use the links from the text editor instead of authorizing and removing logins.

How to make sure specials are used instead of local (not working) paths:
Edit for example /userdata/addon_data/skin.titan.mod.beta.matrix/settings.xml in eg /home/k/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.titan.mod.beta.matrix/ and replace paths like /home/k/.kodi/userdata/media/1/ to special://home/userdata/media/1/

Create all menus of your build, you can copy the copy folder to another place, rename the base to eg .kodiNEW to test .kodi.

Delete all contents of packages and temp in addons folder.

Delete all contents of /userdata/Thumbnails folder.

Look inside addon folders you keep in /userdata/ and delete trivial files like in Seren: cache.db and traktSync.db, and in Shadow forks: search.db

Delete the chef wizard userdata folder before you zip the build, then you wouldn't need to worry about the old build message.

Finally, create a build.zip using only addons and userdata folders on highest compression, for Linux like this:
7z a -tzip -mx=9 build.zip addons userdata

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Diggz)
Yea, I like to delete certain addon files and set the addon version to 1 so it auto updates on first boot. Like recource.images.studios.colored is huge, so i delete the Textures.xbt file in resources and let it update itself, same with the oath metadata, and some other things like that.

addon.xml: <import addon="kodi.resource" version="1.0.0"/>
recource.images.studios.colored
recource.images.studios.white
script.theoath.artwork
script.theoath.metadata
Even addons that have <import addon="kodi.resource" version="0.0.2"/>
Could be changed to:
<import addon="kodi.resource" version="0.0.1"/>
On first boot all addons will update their resources.

I also have a habit of deleting the thumbnail and fanart for repos and especially dependencies because they are just a waste of space, and some devs are sloppy and don't care how large their fanart/icons are.
I don't bother setting the dependencies/repos version down so it updates to put the fanart back, because who cares if theres fanart for a dependency,, nobody..

The very last thing to do is clean your build's database to avoid installs, repos not working.
Make sure DB Browser for SQLite is installed, find userdata/Database/Addons33.db right click and open with DB Browser for SQLite. See the video and delete all sections besides Installed and version sections:

Use filezilla with the credentials to upload a build and pic.

Use FlashFXP to rsync if needed.

(cg)
The texts folder holds the wizard info.
BE VERY CAREFUL EDITING IT, YOU MAY CAUSE BUILDS TO NOT WORK.
You download it, edit it, upload it saying yes to Overwrite the old one.

To do a silent update, delete old build, upload with same version.

I always delete old builds, it's good practice.
Attachments
DB.Browser.for.SQLite.mp4
(2.08 MiB) Downloaded 103 times

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Edit Builds”